Friday 28 February 2014

Legoland Discovery Centre - Manchester


Yesterday Child #3 and I went on a day out on our own to Legoland. I didn't realise this place existed quite so close to home (Manchester is just under an hours drive away from us) - I thought there was only the Windsor one!. It was pitched at 3-10 year olds so I figured that the girls wouldn't really want to go and it gave me and my boy some quality time together (especially in the queues - both in Legoland and on the motorway!). We had an ace time and although bits were a bit young for him I think he enjoyed most of it.

This was him outside in the lego car...



Inside the lego lion...



You get a quick talk on how Lego is made and then you pop out from that into the model village which was my favourite part (I went around it a few times while he was on other things). They are all replicas of real places in the UK. There are working bits and sections that light up etc by pressing buttons - which you never have to do yourself as there are always little people around that can't resist pressing them for you!











There is another section for building cars with loads of different ramps for racing them on...


Sight modifications needed apparently...


There is also the vibrating tower table....you build as big as you can, press a button and see if it will stay upright when you vibrate the table...ours did but it wasn't too high to be fair.




There were other bits I didn't take pictures of. There was a pretty good 4D cinema too which he enjoyed immensely!

All in all, a good day out but I wish I had taken him about 2 or 3 years ago too...I reckon 5 or 6 is the perfect age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...