Monday 6 January 2014

Girl Gone - Gillian Flynn - Eclectic Reader Challenge #1



When I signed up to the challenge I had just started reading this one. I checked Goodreads and it does qualify for the 'Award Winning' category. It was the Goodreads Choice for Best Mystery/Thriller in 2012. It had been on my shelf for about 3 months, Goodreads gave it an average of 3.93 from over 400,000 reviews...not a bad start.

The plot...Nick's wife, Amy, goes missing on the day of their 5th wedding anniversary. All evidence makes Nick the prime suspect. He is adamant he didn't do anything. So what did happen?

The whole story is told from both his an her perspective. There are some interesting twists and turns that keep you interested until the very end and hence I read this in a few days.

I really enjoyed it. It was fast paced, easy to read, and not that predictable. I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads, I would have preferred to give 4.5 but 4 felt too harsh, and will be reading more of Gillian's books.



2 comments:

  1. This was one of my favourites from last year. Thanks for sharing your review

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's curious when you love the book, but seriously dislike the characters and keep reading anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments...