Sunday 30 December 2012

Wool Basket Projects

I have this basket by the fire in the front room. Its where I throw most of the free wool I get with knitting magazines, plus any other oddments that are too small to make something out of. Consequently its a bit of a random basket see...



I was looking at it on Friday evening, looking at the wool that had fallen out of the basket because there is too much in there now. So armed with a glass of wine, and google I set about sorting it out and finding some suitable projects to use it up (well, use up enough so that it at least fits in the basket anyway!).



I started with this little bird from Lucy (attic24-Bird), which a few hours later (including a night's sleep) found a home in my plant...



He's great but really didn't make much of an impact in the basket. I did like the colours though so I progressed onto a cover for the old pasta sauce jar that now contains needles and hooks. This took up the majority of my spare time yesterday but it was finished by bedtime.


I even made a few little flowers to decorate it...



Well it used up a little bit more but not really enough. Hey ho...I'll just find a another basket instead I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...