Thursday 1 November 2012

Trick or Treat



The nest love Halloween. Child #1 likes the dressing up side of things the most - ever the theatrical one of the family! This is her (a Zombie school girl apparently)...


And this is her with her fellow trick or treaters before they left...


Child #2 likes the dressing up part (but chose to do this at a friend's house - typical of Child #2 so I don't have pictures!). She also went along the zombie school girl route - I guess its an obvious choice when you the majority of the outfit to hand every day.

Child #3  went for a more cheery look...


He's in this a little for the dressing up but mostly for the sweets! I took him and his friend out (in the rain!) for over an hour collecting sweets. They loved it. I don't remember much about Halloween from my own childhood...maybe it wasn't a big deal in the 80s or maybe its a north/south thing but people around here make an effort. Fairy lights in windows, pumpkins outside, cobwebs etc etc. Kids are welcomed by adults (of all ages) dressed up as witches and vampires with bowls of sweets or other such treats. There is a lovely atmosphere outside too created by little groups of children running from house to house, followed by less enthusiastic but generally happy parents keeping watch. Even the rain didn't dampen the spirit! 

So, once the sweets had begun to run out we went home, where Child #3 began the best part...eating the sweets! I too had a few left over from the supply I bought to give out...I 'might' share them.


Child #2 finally returned in the evening with a mountain of sweets (at the envy of child #3), I'm sure she will be sharing too though.  

After an hour, my favourite part of Halloween occurred...the sugar low. Child #3 sat, snuggled up, almost asleep and very very quiet. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...