Monday 8 October 2012

Jam Tarts

Yesterday was lovely. I didn't go anywhere or do anything spectacular, it was just a nice family day at home with my youngest. We watched TV, did our own thing, and baked some jam tarts. I've not attempted pastry with any of the nest before (partly because I only learnt to make it last year!) so I wasn't sure how he'd get on but I was pleasantly surprised as his baking skills. I barely did a thing to be honest.

He thought I was crazy to suggest he used his hand to mix it but he soon got into the idea...






Ta-da!!...


They were a bit scrummy! We ate them with custard after a delicious Sunday dinner (at which child #2 was present and content to be there!).

I also made a start on these this weekend...


They do form part of an existing project so all is good. Well it was until I calculated that I needed to make 54 of these! Oh well...they keep me busy and away from snacking  anyway. I didn't really commit to the whole diet thing last week, partly because the kitchen was full of home baked sugary stuff until Wednesday! So this week I am going to be far more dedicated...maybe.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...