Sunday 14 October 2012

A little decoupage

I've been busy. I started these yesterday evening and I'm really pleased with them!

I nearly had a go at decoupage last year but for some reason I changed my mind. When I found these MDF letters on sale yesterday I just couldn't resist making this. 

So here is how I have spent the last few waking hours of my life. The letters were 3 for £10 (or £4 each) hence there is a heart too. I wouldn't have thought to add it without the offer but I'm glad I did now.


Once I figured out which order to use the colours, and watched a couple of You Tube videos to check that I was doing it right, it didn't take long to get the first letter finished....




That was finished at about 10:45 pm. Having got up at 5 am I really should have gone to bed but I just couldn't help myself...


So I did the 'I' too before bed! This morning I finished the rest off in a about 3 hours...


Now I just need to figure out where to hang them and how to hang them. I'll think of something. So that's another finished project, if I complete another then I get to start one of the others I bought yesterday too. I'm feeling very motivated all of a sudden.  I do also have a LOT of glue and paper left over from the letters above so any object I consider 'dull' around my house better watch out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...