Sunday 2 September 2012

Cath Kidston Garden Flowers Purse

Brace yourselves...

You are about to see that I can actually finish a project! I spent an hour yesterday sewing together the Garden Flowers Purse. I'm feeling rather smug and proud of myself now. This was project number one from the Unfinished Business rant the other day (Blog Post). I don't intend on doing them in the order they were listed, it just happened that way in this case. 

So this one has been quite a quick project for me at just over a week to complete. I've learnt a couple of really handy tricks too along the way.

The first is soluble canvas. I'd seen it once in Hobbycraft but didn't really investigate it at the time. It's brilliant stuff and now I know how people can create such neat and perfect embroidery on non even weave fabrics. Look...


Then you trim the excess off once the design is complete...


Before washing the rest off with soapy water, and leaving to dry...



Yesterday all that was left to do was sew the purse together.


I learnt how to integrate the zip nice and neatly too by sewing little tabs at each end. Thank you Cath. So here we are, my finished purse...



So now I am off to start another project now...I'm just pulling your leg! I know the rules! I will decide which of the 20 remaining projects I will complete first, along with finding a use for this little finished one too. 

See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...